Income & Education
With a highly competitive economic climate, incentives are an important tool for business recruitment and retention. For over 30 years the Village has provided numerous incentives to businesses and developers. The Village of Homewood has successfully administered an economic development program that utilizes various incentives, including Tax Increment Financing
Façade and Property Improvement Program promotes the revitalization of properties through financial assistance for the improvement and maintenance of existing commercial and mixed-use buildings, and architectural and design assistance in order to provide
Retail Enhancement Program provides incentives to targeted retail businesses and assists existing businesses in expanding their operations in order to strengthen the retail mix.
Go Green Reward Program encourages building owners to upgrade and implement environmentally sustainable initiatives.
Major development or redevelopment project assistance is available for properties located within the TIF districts for development beyond the scope of the programs identified above, including property acquisitions, sales tax/Places for Eating Tax rebates, and demolition for new construction and major building renovations. Incentive requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis if the project represents
To apply for one or more of the above incentive programs:
In addition, the following online resources offer assistance with your business needs:
Cal SagEnterprise Zone Brochure + Application
- State of Illinois Business Portal
- Small Business Association
- Illinois State Treasurer
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulations
- Chicago Southland Chamber of Commerce
- Chicago Southland Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Small Business Development Center at Governors State University The Women's Business Development Center is located at Governors State University and assists all types of small businesses (not just women-owned) on an appointment basis. Follow the link above for more information and to discuss your small business challenges and needs.
For more information contact Angela Mesaros, Director of Economic and Community Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or (708) 206-3387.