Business Licensing

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

All businesses that operate in the Village of Homewood are required to obtain either a Business License or a Business Operation Certificate prior to opening. This ensures that businesses comply with zoning, building, and fire code requirements.

The application forms can be printed and returned to the Village Hall. Wondering whether you need a license, certificate or permit? The following list can be used to determine which application is required for your business:

A Business License Application is required for the following types of businesses:

  • Food Dealer (restaurants, grocers, bakeries, etc.)
  • Laundry/Dry Cleaners
  • Pharmacy

A Business Operation Certificate Application is required for most other types of businesses. Some examples of these are:

  • Office spaces
  • Salons (without massage)
  • Retail stores other than food dealers
  • Banks
  • Doctor, Dentist, Law offices

A Home-Based Business Permit Application is required for businesses that are not defined as commercial.

There are additional license applications and fees for many other types of other business licenses. These applications are available at the Village Hall. Some examples of these are Massage Establishment, Coin Operated Amusement Device, Vending Machine, Food Delivery Vehicle, and Limited Scavenger.

Contact the Finance Department at 708-206-3855 with any questions about this process.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer