Martin Avenue between Ridge Road and Chestnut Road
- Every Saturday, beginning June 13 to TBD | 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
- 8:00 am to 9:00 am – Entrance limited to seniors and customers with disabilities who require additional assistance. During this time slot, customers with disabilities may be accompanied by a single support person.
The Homewood Farmers Market is one of Illinois’ oldest farmers' markets in continuous operation and provides fresh fruit and vegetables, dairy, honey, prepared foods, and other products to residents of Homewood and surrounding communities.
The Illinois Farmers Market Association, in consultation with the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Illinois Department of Agriculture, has confirmed that farmers markets are considered essential businesses and has developed guidelines providing best practice recommendations for social distancing and enhanced sanitation for farmers markets operating at this time.
In close consultation with the Cook County Department of Public Health, the Homewood Farmers Market has been reconfigured as an in-and-out, no-touch market. At this time, only farmers and food vendors can be physically present at the market grounds.
To help keep our customers and vendors safe, the Village will be implementing the following:
- Market grounds will be reconfigured per this map with a single entrance and exit on Chestnut Road opposite the Village Hall. There will be no access to the market grounds from Ridge Road or via adjoining parking lots. Within the market, there will be a one-way route for customers.
- Market staff will be posted at the market entrance/exit to facilitate customer entry and maintain the market capacity requirement.
- Entrance will be limited to 50 customers at a time, single customers only (see exception for 8:00-9:00 am time slot, above) Children are allowed, if the market is under capacity. Children over 2 must have face coverings and parents are expected to buy any products that kids touch. Sidewalks will be marked at 6’ intervals for customers waiting to enter market.
- No dogs or other animals unless they are service dogs.
- All customers entering the market grounds must wear face coverings (fabric masks are acceptable) and wash or sanitize hands before entering the market. Handwashing/sanitizing facilities will be available at the entrance.
- Customers must maintain 6’ distance at all times.
- Customers may not touch products until they have been purchased and handed to them by vendor.
- Pre-payment, credit/debit, or exact cash (no change given) only.
NEW! Park and Pick-up
Please click the links below to place your orders directly with your favorite vendors. Happy shopping!
Fruits, Vegetables, Flowers
Local vegetables, fruits, flowers, herbs, and honey. For more information email email@example.com or call 708-606-2211.
Organically-grown plants, produce, and cottage bouquets. All natural body products. Organic artisanal tea.
Local, fresh fruits and vegetables. E-mail order to firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call order to 815-520-5951 to pre-order and pre-pay.
Bedding plants, hanging baskets, patio pots, our local honey, popcorn, and our homegrown produce, when it becomes available from our farm.
Artisans & Crafters
At 40 life candles, our motto is "laugh through life". We name every candle after a funny life event or circumstance. We take pride in handcrafting premium soy candles and wax melts for our customers.
A traditional press based in Flossmoor, Gibson House Press publishes literary fiction. New Spring 2020 titles available.
Fabric goods designed to make you happy including pennant banners, tote bags and pillows. Please contact via email at email@example.com or through website. Also purchase directly through Etsy here. Homewood Farmers Market customers, use discount code MSH10HOMEWOODMARKET for 10% off!
Fabric face masks, 100% cotton, with a pocket to add a filter, filter not included.
Prepared & To-Go Foods
Specializing in seafood, chicken, turkey and vegan gumbo. HOT ON THE SPOT TO GO! For more information, call 708-466-2836
Pick up heated empanadus to take home to eat. Or pre-order frozen empanadus to pick up at the market. Click on the link to place order for frozen empanadus.
Pound cake desserts: cakes and cupcakes made from scratch
Products to cook, bake, grill, pantry, and more. 708-217-6057
Freshly baked, made for scratch, pastry sweets and treats.
Craft beer made in Homewood, IL
Text or call to order and pay: (708) 834-0025
Flavored olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, pasta sauce, salsa, giardiniera
Kettle corn and roasted nuts
We are looking for volunteers to assist with curbside pick-up orders, answer questions from shoppers, and deliver orders to shoppers parked at Village Hall. If interested, please contact Kate Duff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The market is every Saturday, until October 10, rain or shine, 8AM to 1PM.
- Volunteers can work two-hour shifts or the total market hours.
- The market Manager is present at all markets and will train and answer questions.
- A face covering is mandatory.
- Regular hand cleaning is mandatory.
- Social distancing is mandatory.
- Volunteers will be asked to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms or possible exposure.