Martin Avenue between Ridge Road and Chestnut Road
- Every Saturday, beginning June 13 to TBD | 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
- 8:00 am to 9:00 am – Entrance limited to seniors and customers with disabilities who require additional assistance. During this time slot, customers with disabilities may be accompanied by a single support person.
The Homewood Farmers Market is one of Illinois’ oldest farmers' markets in continuous operation and provides fresh fruit and vegetables, dairy, honey, prepared foods, and other products to residents of Homewood and surrounding communities.
The Illinois Farmers Market Association, in consultation with the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Illinois Department of Agriculture, has confirmed that farmers markets are considered essential businesses and has developed guidelines providing best practice recommendations for social distancing and enhanced sanitation for farmers markets operating at this time.
In close consultation with the Cook County Department of Public Health, the Homewood Farmers Market has been reconfigured as an in-and-out, no-touch market. At this time, only farmers and food vendors can be physically present at the market grounds.
To help keep our customers and vendors safe, the Village will be implementing the following:
- Market grounds will be reconfigured (map to come) with a single entrance and exit on Chestnut Road opposite the Village Hall. There will be no access to the market grounds from Ridge Road or via adjoining parking lots. Within the market, there will be a one-way route for customers.
- Market staff will be posted at the market entrance/exit to facilitate customer entry and maintain the market capacity requirement.
- Entrance will be limited to 20 customers at a time, single customers only (see exception for 8:00-9:00 am time slot, above) no children under the age of 16. Sidewalks will be marked at 6’ intervals for customers waiting to enter market.
- No dogs or other animals unless they are service dogs.
- Customers that sign up in advance (sign-up link to come) for a specific 15 minute time slot will be given priority to enter the market during that time.
- All customers entering the market grounds must wear face coverings (fabric masks are acceptable) and wash or sanitize hands before entering the market. Handwashing/sanitizing facilities will be available at the entrance.
- Customers must maintain 6’ distance at each booth.
- Customers may not touch products until they have been purchased and handed to them by vendor.
- Pre-payment, credit/debit, or exact cash (no change given) only.